Thursday 29 March 2007

Look Out it's an Ice Pack

As we approached Ottawa on the plane I looked out of the window like an excited little child. Blue skies stretching into the distance. I could hear Joni Mitchell singing 'Oh Canada' in my head. And there in the distance - 'My God,' I said. 'Look, Leanne, look at the pack ice!' I was jumping off my seat. Leanne peered out of the window, squinted, and turned to me, 'Louise, that's a big cloud!' She was right. I looked again and could make out the puffy clouds. I can only put this down to the fact that I've been reading so much about the Arctic that my brain is now filled with images of ice. However, this morning, we fly to Iqaluit and I'm pretty sure we will be flying over lots of ice. I can't wait...

4 comments:

Leanne said...

He He ... forget arctic reading, I put it down to the quantity of wine consumed on the flight.

towniebastard said...

Best of luck on your trip. I wish I had found your blog a bit earlier so I could offer some tips or advice. Although I should caution you might get stuck in Iqaluit an extra day because of weather. But that happens up here.

And don't worry too much about polar bears. They'll make you watch a safety video before they let you out into the park. It's quite good.

Unknown said...

hiya wheesey,

Just read your entries to mum and we both loved them, we thought it was very funny, though we are very worried about Johnny and hpe that he will be ok and not have a serious allergc reaction (touch wood), we suggest you don't go to near him anyway as you are a health hazard, just joking!
We wish you, johnny and all your other team members the best of luck in your expedition and we know you will be safe with David Hemp (fingers crossed), have a great time we know you will never forgret the experience!!!
Good luck

xx your neice hannah xx

Unknown said...

oh and by the way, evryone in the family wishes you all the best of luck and is thinking of you two every day. xxxx