Monday 19 March 2007

Chilly Chops

From tomorrow, I will be able to say 'I'm going to the Arctic next week!' Only ten days to go before I pack my bags, say farewell to my two children and head for Baffin Island. Today, Mothers Day, I have been spoilt with a delicious Sunday Roast and trifle at my Mum's. In the Arctic I will be surviving on strange dried foods. God help me. Why am I doing it? Climate change? Stunning scenery? Who knows. We've been warned that the weather in the UK will turn nasty this week thanks to Arctic winds. Today, I went for a walk and was battered by hailstorms. My fingers went yellow and nose nearly dropped off. But it's minus 30 on Baffin Island right now - which means my fingers will become ice pops in seconds. Hey ho. It's all a very big adventure. And if I get to see one just Arctic Hare, or, dare I say it, a Polar Bear, it will all have been worth it. I think...

1 comment:

Mr Logic said...

Shouldn't you be making your mother Sunday lunch rather than the other way round? What will the food be like on Baffin - any good takeaways? Kentucy Fried Seal? Pizza Igloo?