Friday 30 March 2007

Arctic Fox

The mission on arrival was to buy some fur to sew onto our windproof jackets to protect our faces. After two planes in 24 hours I was feeling jaded and asked my brother to pop into town for me. The fact it looked like a blizzard was blowing had just a little to do with my decision plus the desire to preserve some energy for our expedition. Johnny returned red-faced. It turned out he had a severe allergic reaction to Arctic Fox. The moment he touched it he struggled to breathe and his face started to puff up. How was he to know he was allergic to Arctic Fox? Another member of the team kindly purchased a strip of white fur for me which I promised to keep well away from Johnny. The fact he and I are meant to be sharing a tent may pose a small problem. I will have to keep the fur well away from him as emergency services will not be easy to get hold of where we are going. That evening I sewed the fur around the hood of my red windproof jacket. As several member of the team have the same red windproofs it looks like we are attending a Fr Christmas Convention rather than going on a big league expedition.

1 comment:

flynnbinn said...

So what type of fur is your brother using? Polar bear/hare/he's too rugged to need it?