Saturday 27 October 2007

Arctic Belle Update

Since returning from the Arctic I've been rather busy and have only just updated the blog to give a description of our incredible journey across the Auyuittuq National Park on Baffin Island.
If you are new to the site I suggest you visit some of the older blogs first in order to follow the journey from beginning to end! You'll see how I went from being an Arctic novice, nervous mothert of two young children, to trudging 11 hours a day across dangerous icy terrain and camping on ice in minus 25.

After our 11 day walk I interviewed the Nobel Peace Prize nominee and Inuit activist Sheila Watt-Cloutier at her home in Iqaluit. She must be the most amazing grandma in the Arctic - and she also makes fantastic Arctic berry pie! To read the interview about her environmental campaigning click on:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2154270,00.html


I have also just heard the good news that the Telegraph will be running the feature on our Baffin trip on Saturday November 3rd. There will be some fantastic photographs and possibly a tape-slide show by David Hempleman-Adams so keep a look out for that. You'll also be able to find out - Did we encounter any polar bears? Did anyone get any frostbite? How did we cope with the rapidly melting ice? How much weight did people lose? Would we do it again?

A lot of people have been asking, 'What's your next adventure going to be?'

As Amelia Earhart once said, "When a great adventure is offered - you don't refuse it."

I hope, after reading this blog, you'll realise why I didn't refuse this adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.